Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Momapalooza

So Momapalooza kicked-off Friday night when my fabulous husband brought home 20 lavender tulips in honor of Mother's Day. They were beautiful!

Festivities swung in to high gear Saturday when Gabe, David and I headed to Monie and Pappy's for crawfish and a whole lot of family fun! We played croquet (David won) and Scrabble Slam... so much fun! Gabe loved being loved on by his Uncle Marty, Honey and Cousin Olivia.

Mother's Day was perfect! David got up with Gabe so I got to sleep in a bit... so thankful for that! Gabe and I got to spend some time together in the morning, and then David took him to visit Maw Maw which meant I had the afternoon to myself! Four whole hours to do whatever I wanted... what a gift! Once they got back we spent some time blowing bubbles in the yard. Gabe loved it, and David and I loved watching Gabe's reactions. He makes the funniest faces! The night ended with Gabe falling asleep in my arms which honestly hasn't happened in I don't know how long. Normally we just lay him and his crib and he falls right to sleep, but he wasn't having that! Instead he actually let me rock him to sleep which quiet honestly was the best gift he could have given me!

And a huge Happy Mother's Day to my momma, Gabe's Monie! I am so thankful for your love, support and guidance as I navigate this crazy thing called motherhood!

Gabe chillin' by Monie and Pappy's pond



I love this face! Gabe has a million faces! This one is affectionately known as "bulldog."



Gabe refereeing the croquet match



Gabe was more interested in trying to eat the balls rather than hit them



Love, love, love the look on Gabe's face! About a second after I took the picture he took Liv's glasses off her face.



Bubble fun with Momma



I just love his expression!



So cute!



Love that baby!



And Happy Mother's Day to all of my fabulous bog readers!!!

2 comments:

  1. Backwards ball cap. I Love it! Oh my he is so cute. Oh and the bubbles with the funny face. Adorable. I miss him bring him back. Love the one of him and Olivia where he's looking at her like what are you doing so close to me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe G thank you for the sweet words. I ask Daddy often. What did we talk about before he was born? I'm so excited about our play date Saturday. I'm bringing a snack and an activity. Love you and the monkey.

    ReplyDelete