Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mardi Gras Mambo

My super fabulous friend Lisa and her sweet little man Davis made the trip all the way from Dallas (through sleet and snow I might add) to spend Mardi Gras weekend with me and Gabe! We had a ball... snow, the Olympics, great food, a new baby on the way(NOT ME- Lisa), Spanish Town parade, two sweet little boys!!!

For the second time in Gabe's life it snowed in BR! Friday morning I was holding him as we looked out on our backyard at the falling snow. I told him that this was snow and asked him what he thought... his reply... "da da" which is his reply to everything these days!

Since the ground was so wet it didn't really stick bit it snowed for about 2 hours!



Gabe and Davis played so hard that Gabe fell asleep sitting up!



Lisa was first introduced to the Spanish Town parade in 2005 while she and her husband Jeff were living in BR. Even though they moved back to Dallas in 06 she has been back every year for the parade!

Let me tell you we were a sight last year! She had a 4 month old and I was 7 months pregnant! She and I usually dress up but this year we decided to dress the kids. Since hot pink is the "color" of Spanish Town the boys wore pink shirts and pink zebra bandannas!



At my office before we headed down to the parade route!



Boys playing before the parade began



Gabe enjoying all of the sights and sounds!



The boys were content to sit back and play while their crazy mommas jumped up and down for beads!



Our two sweet men after the parade... they were so exhausted as were Lisa and I!



Gabe and I were so happy that Lisa and Davis were able to come again this year to spend Mardi Gras with us! Can't wait for 2011.... maybe Lisa and I can ride in the parade and the husbands can babysit!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Lisa! I didn't know that news! SOOO jealous! Maybe Mama and Baby Bowers can come down next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he "found his nap" while sitting up. Too adorable. Kiss that baby for me.

    ReplyDelete