Friday, July 17, 2009

Chillaxin'

This has been such a crazy week... being a working mom is no joke!

Monday was my first day back at work so my day was spent being brought up to speed on all of the new kids who entered foster care since April. It was so tough being away from Gabe but I think the fact that I really enjoy my job made it so much easier to return to work.

Tuesday was our first night of volunteer training so I worked until 9:30 PM. I raced home and was happy to find that Gabe was due for a bottle so I got to feed him and put him to sleep.

Wednesday was our home visit with Deacon Albert. Our church requires a home visit before the baby's baptism. Looks like Gabe will be baptized September 20th....let's hope he can fit the Christening gown!

Thursday was our second night of volunteer training so again I didn't make it home until 9:30. When I came home David was rocking him to sleep. I quickly snatched the baby from David's arms and kicked him out of the rocker so I could put Gabe to sleep...12 hours away from him is just too long!

Friday is our day of rest! I'm off today because we have training tomorrow so Gabe and I are just relaxing. We have big plans to do nothing.... I'm thinking pj's all day long is not a bad idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment