Sunday, July 26, 2009

Gabe's Big Adventure

Gabe had his first sleepover this weekend. I had to work Saturday so Mom and Dad offered to watch him for the weekend. Mom and I met in LaPlace (mid-point) Friday and made the exchange. It felt so strange being in the house without him but I quickly found a million things to do like paint David's bathroom for the 10th time since we moved in 3 years ago.


Friday night David and I were able to Skype with Gabe before we headed out to dinner although truth be told he wasn't the least bit interested in us. I mean really how can we compete with Baby Einstein? I was so worried that being away from home would throw him off his schedule, but he slept his usual 8:30- 6:30. Oh he slept without being swaddled for the first time since he was a week old....bye bye swaddle blanket.

Saturday he went Down the Bayou to visit with Honey and Livey and meet his Uncle P (my brother Marty). I'm told a good time was had by all. David and I had a pretty good day too. Training went by quickly and David and I went to a luau at Vanessa and Brian's house. It was great getting to hang out with other adults!

Sunday morning I woke up early and headed to my parents to retrieve my sweet boy! It was so nice having a bit of a break but it was so much "nicer" having him back in my arms! Big thanks to Monie and Pappy for watching Gabe! Hope to do it again soon... wink wink!

2 comments:

  1. Confession time -- I still haven't spent a night away from Tucker. I have spent a few late nights out and many a day away (daycare everyday and other days with sitters all day), but so far every single night when my head hit the pillow, I've been under the same roof as the baby. I'm afraid I may never be able to survive it I've waited so long. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honesly we were so busy I hardly even had a sec to realize he wasn't here!

    ReplyDelete