Saturday, August 15, 2009

Baptism

What a special day.... today was Gabe's baptism!


Years ago my grandma (Ma Pete) had a gown especially made for the christening of her first grandchild. Well forty-seven years later Gabe was able to wear the same gown that me and oh about 35 or so other Pitre grandchildren were baptised in. It is absolutely gorgeous!


"Hey don't you people know I'm a boy? What's with the dress?"



This is (no lie) the first picture of me and Gabe taken since the hospital. Maybe I should hand the camera to someone else once in a while!



Baby Gabe and Mommy


He was an angel through mass and actually slept through the baptism!



He only woke up once he heard all of the applause!


Father Mike presenting him to the church.

A huge thank you to our amazing families. The day was infinitely more special because you all were there with us!

End of the day family pic.... we were all exhausted!

3 comments:

  1. What a special day! T's baptism is still one of my favorite memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I love your dress and of course you have on fabulous accessories. Gabe is a very lucky boy to have such wonderful and caring parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the whole mom not in pics, i so understand. today i was taking pics of syd and kate and syd said let me take one of you and kate, i think the only other pic is at kate's baptism. funny!

    ReplyDelete