Saturday, August 15, 2009

What a Difference a Year Makes!

August 15, 2008



August 15, 2009


A year ago today I found out I was pregnant and let me tell you it came as a complete shock but not in the way some of you might think. David and I had been trying for a long time, a very long time to have a baby- 16 months to be exact. Sixteen months of heartache, of questions that had no answers, of numerous tests and procedures, of countless tears, of wondering if we were ever going to be parents. See now why the shock?

I remember feeling a bit strange the week leading up to discovering that baby Lanoux was on the way. I tried to convince myself I was imaging things and that I was not pregnant but by Friday morning I broke down and took a pregnancy test. I was off that day so while David was in his bathroom getting ready for work I went into my bathroom and took the test. I busied myself brushing my teeth while I waited for the results. Finally it was time to look...now I was no stranger to pregnancy tests. I had probably taken about 20 in the previous 16 months but I saw something that morning I had never seen before- 2 lines! I cannot explain the emotions that ran through me in that instant.... pure joy, disbelief, relief and love to name a few. I immediately started shaking and then came the tears. I ran to David's bathroom threw open the door and told him I was pregnant and then collapsed in his arms- shaking and crying. Poor guy was covered in shaving cream! I don't think he believed me at first so I showed him the test and then he joined in my elation!

I look at Gabe now and still can't believe that he's ours. I hope he always knows how much he is loved and how so very badly David and I wanted him. Oh great now I'm crying!

Happy August 15th everyone!

1 comment: