Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Day

As I teased in my Christmas Eve post Christmas morning started with a bang as well. Santa and his reindeer must have hit a power pole as they were delivering gifts down the bayou because at 5:20 AM the power went off. Me, Mom, Dad and of course Gabe woke immediately. Gabe was sleeping in my parents room, and I could hear him from upstairs so I ran downstairs to check on him. He was so happy just rolling around making noises in the pack and play. I gave him his paci back and instructed him to go back to sleep which he eventually did. Thankfully the electricity came back on about 45 minutes later. Gabe woke up around 7:30 and again I ran down the stairs to grab my sweet little man. I took him upstairs to wake up David and Christopher and let them know it was time for presents.

Gabe wrapped in swaddling clothes... it was cold!


Gabe opened his presents from Santa like a pro!

Gabe smiling at Monie




Gabe loved his octopus! Oh and look at the cute bag Monie and Pappy had made for him. It says "Going Down the Bayou" love it!

After presents, breakfast and showers it was time to head back to BR. Well at least we thought it was time to head back to BR Gabe had other plans and decided to take an hour and a half nap. Eventually Gabe woke and we packed every last gift into the car and headed back home. We were only home for just a few minutes to change Gabe, grab a dessert and load the car with presents for David's family. David's sister Susan and her husband Ron hosted the Lanoux family. It was so great seeing David's family and eating yummy gumbo. Why is it that food always seems to come up in my blogs :) ? Anyway I digress- Gabe loved playing with his cousins and of course opening more presents!

Gabe with his Aunt Susan and cousin Austin. Austin was so sweet with Gabe!

Unwrapping a present from Maw Maw and Paw Paw


Still in the best mood at the end of a very long day!



David, Gabe and I are so lucky that we were able to spend the holidays with both sets of families. David and I could not have asked for a better first Christmas for our sweet little man! I asked David Christmas night what his favorite gift was this year. He smiled and said Gabe and I couldn't agree with him more! Oh and then David added he also loved his NY Yankee World Series Champs t-shirt from my parents... I could not agree to that one!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment