Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve started with a bang.... well a thud and then a cry to be more exact. I felt like it was something out of Twas the Night Before Christmas as I sprung from my bed to see what was the matter. I did not find a miniature sleigh and eight tiny reindeer I did, however, find a very precocious 8 month old who had knocked down his mobile and was a bit upset about it. I'm really surprised he hadn't pulled it down sooner!

David and I decided to leave a bit earlier than planned to head down to my parents house because of the weather- rainy and very windy. Gabe showed off his "crawling" (he's not crawling yet but I think it'll be soon) and "self swaddling" skills while David and I quickly packed and got dressed.






We arrived at Monie and Pappy's around 10:30 and the celebration began!
Monie and Pappy's Christmas tree


I bought a Christmas bingo game a few weeks ago so while Gabe napped Mom, Daddy, David and I played. Let me tell you that dollar I paid for it was well worth it! We laughed so hard!




While we waited for Marty, Chantel, Olivia and Christopher to arrive we had fun playing with Gabe. I love his little Santa suit!


Well some of us played with Gabe...others of us napped.
*David is going to kill me for posting this picture!


Soon Uncle Marty, Honey and Olivia arrived and it was time for dinner and presents. It's our tradition that we wear our pajamas Christmas Eve. We also always eat streak, homemade bread and some type of potato- this year steak fries! Yummy!
Gabe opening his first present from Monie and Pappy. He seemed to enjoy the taste of the wrapping paper!
Uncle Marty, Honey and Olivia went way overboard and bought Gabe tons of cute toys! He absolutely loved the donkey that sang "Sugar Pie Honey Bunch!"

Gabe sitting with Honey after a long night of gift unwrapping.


Olivia stacked her gifts up, and Gabe did his absolute best to try and knock them all down!



Christmas Eve is so important to my family... it represents togetherness, generosity and of course good food! I have such wonderful memories of Christmas Eves as a child, and I know that when Gabe is an adult he will be able to say the same thing!
Much love to Monie, Pappy, Godfather, Uncle Marty, Honey and Olivia for making this the best Christmas Eve ever!
***Next up Christmas Day and another surprising start to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment