Sunday, November 22, 2009

Gobble, Gobble

David, Gabe and I headed down to my parents house yesterday to celebrate Thanksgiving a bit early with Monie, Pappy, Godfather, Ciji, Cousin Olivia and Uncle Marty (we missed Honey). We had such fun! First we went a bit "old school" and Mom had us draw and decorate turkeys as our place mats. Liv took home the prize for most authentic looking turkey. Next came a lunch....turkey, rice dressing, corn bread and my favorite brown and serve rolls! It was so good! Gabe was a super sweet boy and played in the exersaucer while we all ate. Then came the board games. We are quite the board game family! I remember Marty and I playing games for hours (sometimes days) when we were kids. We played a rather cut throat game of Sorry and then Olivia's favorites (Old Maid, Crazy 8 and Fish). Unfortunately next we watched the LSU game. Well I should say the guys watched the game- me, Mom and Liv played with Gabe-personally I think we had the better time! Sadly soon after it was time to leave but will hope to see everyone again soon.

I think my favorite part of the day was seeing Liv play with Gabe. She was so sweet with him, and he just loves her!

We are so thankful to be part of such a wonderful family!!!


Liv's award winning turkey!



Gabe trying on my dad's LSU helmet. Love that he has his "mouth guard" in!

The air mattress was a huge hit with Gabe. He loved rolling around on it!


Gabe wearing Olivia's glasses. I think he looks like a crazy librarian!


Okay are these not two of the cutest kids you have ever seen!



Happy early Thanksgiving everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment