Friday, November 27, 2009

Rubber Duckie, umm Maybe You're Not the One

Because Gabe hasn't quit mastered sitting up we still bathe him in his baby tub but the poor guy can barely fit in it anymore. We didn't think he was ready for the bath tub but I remembered that our friends Hillary and Michael bought Gabe a rubber duck tub and thought that we had found the solution to our bath woes.


Let me tell you blowing up the thing was an adventure in itself. David and I laughed so hard as I tried to inflate the duck. We decided to put Gabe in it on our bed so he could get a feel for it. He seemed to really enjoy it.


After his fun on "dry land" David and I assumed our normal bath duties. David undresses him and brings him to the bath tub and then I bathe him. So while David was getting him ready I put the duck in the tub and filled it with water. Well once we were ready and David put Gabe in the duck a look of panic came over Gabe's face...he was so scared. We calmed him down a bit but once I went to wash his hair "the I'm scared Mommy" look came back so we quickly finished the bath before he broke out in tears. Needless to say we've retired the duck from bath duties for a while. He now resides in our living room so Gabe can play with him on dry land!











We did manage to get a pic when he calmed down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment